Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blog Notes

Blog notes is a vehicle to describe whatever the fuck it is that I think I'm doing here. This is my third blog. I've been blogging for over two years. My other blogs were an odd combination of personal journal and writing exercises. I've had hundreds of readers daily and can tell you it was a big pain in the ass. In any group of people there's a certain percentage of jerks and assholes. The more readers you have the more of them you have to deal with...

One of the reasons I abandoned those blogs revolved around the personal journal parts of the blog. Readers effected my writing. Although I was doing some despicable things, I still wanted the readers to like me. Then, some readers became burdensome and boring in their critiques of me. Ultimately, I felt the need to get away from them and have fled to this as a writing santuary.

When the idea for this blog began to take form, I tried to understand what it was that I like to see in other blogs. This is a matter of my taste and personal preference. I'm not striving for acceptance or commercial success. I can't define whatever the fuck it is that I'm trying to do here, but here are some of the elements that are evolving here.

Short posts. I think a good blog post should fill one screen with text or two screens if it includes graphics. If it gets too long, I'm gonna lose the average reader. If I try to put too many disparate things in one post, it loses focus and intensity.

These are not short stories. These are mostly single events or scenes. These are the kernels of ideas that sometimes coalesce together in chronological order while others stand alone randomly.

Most of this is made up. It’s not anything I’ve done. It’s very likely things I would want to do if I have a willing slut, but not always. I have some very nasty thoughts involving urination that I’d never do in reality.

I enjoy seeing erotic pictures in blogs. I’ve gone back and added some pictures to some of my earlier posts. Recently, I’ve been finding pictures that interest me in some way, then I think of something to write around the picture. I may post the picture one day and add the text to go with it the next day.

This is an example of a post that’s grown too long.
Don’t worry, there will be more blog notes in the future.

Comments:
Tarte, thank you for the kind words of encouragement!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. If you copy or display any of this work, then you must link back to this site for attribution.